How to Trim Your Pubic Hair (Styles for Women)
Go faux-natural. You can do some minimal maintenance on the area without making it look too manicured. Simply trim the hair evenly, leaving it in its current shape. The length is somewhat up to you, but you will be limited by how close to the skin you can get.
- Trim with scissors or an electric trimmer. To produce an even trim with scissors, consider running a comb through the hair and cutting against it (the way hairdressers do).
Try bikini-style. This is a low-intensity but beach-appropriate style. Trim the hair evenly, but shave anything along the creases of your legs (so that no hair sticks out of your bikini bottom, thong, boy briefs, etc.).
- Give the hair an overall trim with scissors or an electric razor to keep the area sleek and swimsuit-friendly.
- Remove the hair from the edges by shaving it, or using a depilatory chemical.
Try a shaped patch. This is a playful, sexy style leaves your entire pubic area bare except for a shaped patch directly above your genitals. Popular shapes include a small, downward-pointing triangle or a heart.
- Give the hair an overall trim so that the shape can come through more clearly.
- Shape the hair above the labia with a razor or wax.
- Remove the hair around the labia with a razor, wax, or an epilator.
Do a landing strip. This is a provocative, hybrid style. Remove all the hair on the outskirts of your labia, leaving a thin rectangle along the slit.
- Give the hair an overall trim so that the rectangle can come through more clearly.
- Remove the hair on the outskirts of the pubic area with a razor, electric razor, wax, epilator, or, provided that you are careful about getting too close to your delicate membranes, depilatory chemicals.
- Trim the hair on the landing strip to a uniform length.
Bare all with a Brazilian . This is the classic movie-star style that leaves the entire pubic area bare.
- Trim the hair to make it more manageable.
- Remove everything by shaving, waxing or using an epilator.