Medical Hair Loss
Hair proves to be an important part of a personality. In fact, it plays a huge role in shaping your appearance. A stylish hair cut or hair style can do a lot for a person even in simple outfits, one can look adorable. This put hair on top of everyone’s agenda. However, hair fall is commonly seen occurring in everyone’s live. Each one of us has to face this problem at some point or the other. It can have a different impact on everyone dealing with it. For some it can be a source of embarrassment, but for other it can have no effect, as they are confident about themselves and don’t bother what the people around are saying. It is important to stay calm and patient at the same time.
Hair fall is synonymous to the term baldness. This can have an effect on the scalp or also your entire body. It is typically referred to excessive baldness from the scalp area. How to prevent baldness is a common question, everyone has on their minds. It is important to know the causes of this problem first and treat it as soon as possible. Here are some issues that cause hair fall:
- Hormonal changes– Certain sex hormone changes can result in temporary or permanent hair loss, for both men and women. For men, this problem can start as early as puberty.
- Stress– The stress of our modern day life style has proved to be a major cause of hair fall. The hair cells can be adversely affected because it causes the scalp to become weak.
- Cosmetics– Many chemically treated products are applied on hair to make it better. Gels and other such hair products, include harmful non-organic chemicals that can make roots weak. Constant use of hairs straighteners and blow dryers can also result in hair loss.
- Drugs and Medications– Certain drugs and medications can be very harmful for your scalp. High-dosage medicines have their own side-effects and hair loss is often one of them. It is recommended to reduce the dosage of such drugs, in order to avoid hair loss.
- Poor Nutrition– A body can be deficient of many important vitamins and minerals needed for its functioning. The scalp in particular needs to be healthy at all times. If proper nutrients are not provided, baldness can be caused.
Prevention is better than cure is a phrase to keep in mind while avoiding this embarrassing problem. It is important to keep in mind the above mentioned causes, at all times. In the busy life that we have, we often tend to ignore them. There are certain tips that can be an answer to anyone thinking as to how to prevent hair fall:
- Washing hair regularly with a mild shampoo and being gentle is an important thing to do to maintain the hair growth and keep it healthy.
- Getting stress under control through activities that can keep you free from the daily pressure is a must. Having adequate sleep can prove beneficial as well.
- Following a diet that includes nutrients like protein, iron and essential vitamins is needed to provide scalp with the nutrition.
- Different home-made medications can be made, using easily available ingredients like aloe-Vera, Amla, Neem and Coconut. Applying them on the scalp can help to control hair loss.
- Action should be taken patiently if baldness is observed. Consult a doctor as soon as possible as it is best treated on early stages rather than later.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, one should also educate himself/herself of this skin related issue. This helps one to keep check at all times to stay away from this chronic disease.