How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a cherished natural remedy, used by many as a preventative and curative measure. It also holds an important place in the dieting world – scientific studies, as well as practical experiences, show that apple cider vinegar (ACV) can help you lose weight.
The most interesting study on how apple cider vinegar helps with weight loss was published in 2009. The Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry journal published a study finding that drinking 2 tbsp. vinegar for just three months caused significant decrease in body weight, abdominal fat, waist circumference, and triglycerides.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) For Weight Loss
If you are not used to the taste and effects of apple cider vinegar, you might want to include it into your diet gradually.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
Combine all of the ingredients and stir well. Enjoy!
- The cinnamon and cayenne tends to settle to the bottom, so keep a spoon in your mug to stir regularly if you like to take your time enjoying the drink.
- Not everyone loves vinegar as much as I do, so feel free to tweak the recipe to your liking. My husband likes to add a little extra honey and lemon juice.
- Fresh ginger is also a fantastic addition to this recipe, but I don’t usually have it on hand so I didn’t include it.
- Sometimes I make this drink with my favorite hot tea in place of the hot water (green tea, black tea, lemon ginger, cinnamon, etc.). It gives it a little extra flavor as well as added health benefits.
- Based on my very quick calculations, I’m estimating that this drink has about 80 calories.