8 Simple Exercises to Reduce Flabby Arms
3. Lateral Plank Walk
Like the one arm triceps exercise, lateral plank walk also tones the muscles of the arms by melting the accumulated fat in the arms.
How to Perform
- Lie on the floor on your stomach and then take the plank position by keeping your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor.
- Keep your legs and feet joined together.
- Your fingers should point outwards and your body should be in one straight line.
- Move and keep your right hand on the left and move your left foot towards left.
- Follow the same moves with the left hand and right foot.
- Return to the initial plank position.
- Pull your abs towards your spine and pelvis.
- Reverse the direction and take 3 steps to the right.
Targeting the pectoral and triceps brachii muscles, push-ups help you enormously to tone your upper arm by burning the fat in that area. The good thing about this resistance exercise is that to perform it you do not need dumbbells, barbells or other equipment’s. Here your body weight plays a major role to melt that stubborn fat accumulated in the arms. This exercise gives you the desired result by working on your triceps.
How to Perform
- Lie on the floor on the stomach.
- Now take the push-up position by keeping your feet together. Keep your hands apart wider than the shoulder width. Your elbows should be straight.
- Now bend your elbow and move your body towards the ground. Make sure that your stomach should not touch the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions every day to give a firm and toned look to your arms.
- You can do open push-ups by keeping your hands wider than the shoulder width and close push-ups by placing your hands close to each other.
Note: If you find it difficult to do this exercise initially, then try with the knee push-ups. In knee push-ups, in spite of putting all your pressure on the toes and hands, you can hold your body on knees and hands.